
Today after lunch I sat down with the kids to read the winter-themed library books that I checked out last night. I was pleased to find a great selection including
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats;
Gingerbread Baby,
The Mitten, and
The Hat by Jan Brett;
Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton;
The Snowman by Raymond Briggs; and Robert Frost's
Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening, illustrated by Susan Jeffers. I love reading - I always have - and I didn't want to stop in the middle of a story, so when Anthony slid down off the couch and started playing with his cars and trucks I let him. When he tired of that and meandered off, I didn't think too much of it. But, when I heard the sound of dishes and silverware on the kitchen floor, I decided that I'd better go see what he was up to...
1 comment:
Save the pictures :) These are the things we will ponder in our old age.
Post a Comment