Pages

June 28, 2007

the stuff of life

Our garden has been flourishing. We've been harvesting and eating fresh radishes, kohlrabi, green beans, zucchini, and beets. The tomato plants are loaded with green tomatoes, the cucumbers will be ready soon as will a few bell peppers. Our acorn squash plants are HUGE and the watermelon and cantaloupe plants are starting to take off. I've also been enjoying our beautiful and fragrant roses, hollyhock, petunias, and daylilies.

Anthony decided he doesn't need to wear diapers any longer and goes "pee peeeee (pause) paaaa teeee" most of the time. He's much more successful when wearing shorts with no underwear. It's a lot of work, so not much else is getting done around the house, but if it means no more diapers, it will be worth it!

Adam recently got a motorcycle endorsement on his license and bought a 1986 Suzuki Intruder, a helmet, and a protective jacket. I've read all the scary statistics about how dangerous motorcycles are, and although I have every confidence in his driving ability (he is a very cautious and defensive driver) I am more worried that he could be hit by someone else on his motorcycle than in a car. Is it worth the gas savings (at 50mpg)? No. But, he grew up riding dirt bikes with his uncles and brothers and he has wanted a motorcycle since I met him. It is part of who he is - who I I love. So watch out for motorcycles!

Oh yes - and I had a birthday. I'm 29 now and that is, according to my brother, "Yung No Mo". I thought I had another year! Adam bought me a couple of bird feeders, hooks, and wild bird seed, seeing how I've been so interested in bird watching lately. After searching for an ideal location for them, I got to lay back, put my feet up, and do some quiet reading on my own. It would have been perfect if it weren't for the throbbing pain in my foot. You see, while I was looking in our scrap wood pile for a treated 4x4 to mount the feeder hooks on, I stepped on a nail. If you need me, I'll be the old lady hobbling around the house trying to get a pair of shorts back on my naked 2 year old.

No comments: