All these ideas and resources are a good thing, but even better are posts like this one by Margaret (Minnesota Mom). I re-read her post for the 93rd time tonight and started to breathe a little easier. I don't have to do everything...I can't. If I try I will get burned out and so will my kids and we'll have many more weeks where I feel like this. I'm using CHC lesson plans to keep me accountable, we read a lot of books, we do a few crafts. We sing and dance, we work and play together. We are enjoying what we are doing and trying not to regret the things that we're not.
4 months ago


I was having similar feelings like this and discussing the same thing with my husband just last night. In my post for yesterday, I used the phrase "turning off the noise" but did not elaborate on what I was really thinking. Some of that "noise" comes from the Real Learning forums where there are so many great ideas, but it becomes overwhelming when one starts comparing themselves to what others are doing.
While I do want to provide an education that will help my little ones eventually go to college and make a living some day, I have to remember that I my "mission" for homeschooling is the relationships we are forming with each other and with Christ. I want to get them to Heaven (where, in reality, they are probably getting ME to Heaven, LOL!) In the big picture, art supplies from "A Child's Dream" probably won't really matter.
I love the "little bit" that you are doing with your little ones. I think they will remember most the time you are spending with. And that will mean more than anything you can buy or what curriculum you do.
Sorry this was so long. I probably should have emailed you or something. Anyway, blessings to you on your journey!