If you didn't know, it is
Fire Safety Week. We went to our local library for story time and were treated to a field trip across the street at the
Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department. The kids enjoyed seeing inside an ambulance and the different fire trucks. Catherine was right up in front with Anthony (except in this picture) but Teresa preferred to stay with mom.

Learning about and seeing all the gear, from a real fireman's helmet to the thermal sensor was really interesting, too.

They handed out stickers and water bottles and we picked up a few books at the library before we left:
The Little Fire Engine by Lois Lenski and
No Dragons for Tea: Fire Safety for Kids by Jean Pendziwol.
3 comments:
I remember going to the fire station in La Porte, IN when I was Teresa's age and becoming an Honorary Junior Fire Marshall. I think I may still have my badge or certificate down in the basement.
Cool...and yet you didn't grow up to be a fireman? One of those sites I linked to has a "lesson" and a quiz at the end and you can become a Jr. Fire Marshall...and print out a certificate.
Whoa ... it's been a while since I've visited your blog (or any other blog for that matter). I like all the changes. :o)
Post a Comment