Pages

October 25, 2007

happy day!

Catherine learned how to swing all. by. herself. Hip-hip-hooray! I made a movie of her on her first day swinging, for posterity, but it is really long because she was talking about how she's getting to be a big girl, now and she will be 6 soon...and then 7, 8 9 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, twenty-thirty, 31, 32, 33...(with help at 40, and 50)...59, and then she got stuck. Sixty is a hard word to say when you're swinging.

How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside--

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!

--The Swing by Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments: