Pages

January 10, 2008

another blogthing

This one read like a horoscope to me...a bunch of generic descriptions that could be right if you think about it hard enough. The original result was also incredibly long (because I have a long name, I guess) and seemed to be rather contradictory, so I edited it to make a point:

What Stephanie Means


You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long.
You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start.


Right now, I'm in the middle of a lot of big and small projects. I'm working especially hard to get organized and to simplify, so that I can live my life purposefully rather than reactively; one step behind the kids, cleaning up yesterday's messes. There are a lot of other ladies out there decluttering, working on home management binders, and schedules, and generally trying to make their homes a pleasant place to live. I will probably be quiet here for a little while as I continue reading, in order to stay inspired, and working hard to finish what I've started.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am right there with you. I am getting into the nitty gritty this weekend cleaning, decluttering our basement/laundry and hauling it to the goodwill, getting lessons in order because we are beind, and trying to put my spiritual life in order. I'm trying to discern this spirit of detachment, because I know a lot of the above mentioned issues are a result of being too attached to everything: material stuff, my own time, not managing it well, etc. Good luck to you. I will be back to see how it goes. :-)