This burn is either sunburn or windburn (or a combination thereof) on the back of Anthony's neck and ears. He's the fairest skinned of everyone in our family and I didn't even think about putting on sunscreen in April. It was a beautiful - throw open the windows - day. We spent about 90% of it outside. I didn't notice the redness until it was time to come in for showers and bed. I need to be careful with all the kids, and Anthony in particular because he burns so easily. See, my father-in-law passed away in 2005 after a long battle with malignant melanoma.
For today's "walk down memory lane", I'm posting a picture of him with newly-baptized Anthony. I wish I could take credit for this photo, but it was taken by my then brother-in-law's fiancee. I'm so thankful she gave us a copy.

Photo credit: Andrea Q. March 2005
Eternal Rest grant unto him, O Lord
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God,
Rest in peace.
Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment