Pages

April 10, 2008

more wildlife...

We heard a noise coming from the basement stairs during our afternoon snack. Usually, I disregard funny noises as we live in an old house and we hear all kinds of noises, particularly on windy days like yesterday. For some reason, I decided to open the kitchen door to check it out and I saw this:



It took a while, but I carefully cleared away the stuff and coaxed him outdoors, taking one last picture before leaving him to find a new home in our yard. I'm pretty sure it was a Fox Snake, but I wasn't about to count it's belly scales to get a positive identification!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I've never heard of a Fox Snake before but I don't know as I'd be brave enough to count his belly scales either. My dd on the other hand would have.

Anonymous said...

You are one brave woman! That thing is HUGE!