Pages

April 28, 2008

seven things about meme

1. When tagged, place the name and URL on your blog.

Jen at This Family of Ours tagged me for this, and since hers is one of my favorite blogs, and because I hardly ever get tagged, here I go.

2. Post rules on your blog.

3. Write 7 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.

* I am a perfectionist. It will probably take me all day to do this meme. Once I'm done and have posted it, I will have to edit it at least once because I'll see a mistake or think of a way to word it better...but it still won't be perfect.

* I sit on my feet. It drove my mom nuts ("Don't sit on your feet") and now it drives my husband nuts ("Don't sit on your feet").

* I do not like coffee. But I do like coffee flavored desserts and Kahlua.

* I'm an information junkie. I read more than I do. I usually want more information than people have to give (unimportant details) and I tend to give more information than people want to have (get to the point!). But, I try not to do that too much on my blog.

* I lick my dishes clean. Not a typo - that is lick, not like (who doesn't like clean dishes?). It comes from a deeply ingrained sense of not wasting food because there are starving children in China/Africa...I'm sure you've heard the rest. Seriously, though, I have a very difficult time going to a restaurant or even sharing a meal with others when I see the tremendous amount of good food that is simply thrown away.

* I enjoy figuring out numerical patterns / manipulating numbers. Here's an example: Both of my daughters were born on the 19th of the month. We went to the hospital to deliver my son on the night of the 10th. I had him at 12:34 (which is cool in and of itself: 1, 2, 3, 4) on the 11th. When I called my parents the first question my dad asked was whether he was born on the 10th or 11th. I replied, enthusiastically, "The 11th!" We were excited because we had both figured out that the numbers of his birth date add up to 19. (03+11+05). Another one I just thought of recently is that my birthday is the 27th of June and my anniversary is the 2+7=9th of June.

* I never follow the rules when it comes to chain letters, forwards, or memes.

4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.

You can see in my sidebar "A Few of My Favorite Blogs". I've updated it to include seven that may be of general interest to other moms. I have several IRL friends who have blogs that are fun to visit but I don't like playing favorites...(I guess you could count that as another non-important thing about myself; number 8 - there I go, breaking the rules!)

5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.

Since I'm not following the rules, anyone visiting for April's Shower of Photos is tagged and can leave a comment here if they'd like to play.

No comments: