Pages

May 5, 2008

new bedtime routine

Ever since this post, we've been watching You Tube clips as I brush out the girls hair at night. We've enjoyed more classic Sesame Street (C is for Cookie, Rubber Ducky, Ladybug Picnic...), some funny episodes of Bert and Ernie trying to get to sleep (the girls were laughing out loud at this one).

We've watched a few "Related Videos" from The Electric Company like There's a Hole In the Bottom of the Sea and have really been enjoying clips from The Muppet Show. Hands down favorite is the Mahna Mahna song. They like the "pink" version better than the original. My favorite is Kermit singing Lime in the Coconut. And I thought Coke was just being clever...but knowing that The Muppets probably remade this song, I did a quick look around and found the original by Harry Nilsson.

This weekend, Adam and I started singing this song as we were cleaning up after dinner, the kids thought it was a pretty good song that we made up. They didn't believe it was a real song, so we came up to get ready for bed and found it right away. You Tube can be good for that, but there's a lot of junk on it and you have to be really careful about some of the "Related Videos", "Promoted Videos", and even the "Commentary" that appear on the screen.

1 comment:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

I very much agree about the merits of You Tube! In its proper place, it is wonderful...and brushing out our little girls' hair is one such place.

My son was assigned "Scarborough Fair" on the piano last week and this led to a huge exploration of Paul Simon's music on You Tube. Fun, fun stuff.