Pages

June 2, 2008

little things

When Adam got home from work this evening I ran to the store with Stephen and Clare. We were out of automatic dishwashing detergent and I was not about to try and wash dishes for 8 by hand when I have 6 kids to look after. We picked up some popcorn and a few other things that we were out of, but the best deal was on the store brand yogurt. Regular price is $0.59 for a 6oz container but they'd put "SAVE $0.50 NOW" stickers on them because the "sell by" date was approaching (June 4-6). I think we bought all of them since yogurt is good for a week past the "sell by" date and they only cost me NINE CENTS each!

An even better deal I found a few weeks ago was a result of reading all the ads. One store had a Manufacturer's Coupon to get $5 off 5 bags of MOM cereal and another store had the same cereal on sale $5/5. How much did those 5 bags of cereal cost me? Nothing! Oh, the little things that make my day.

No comments: