Pages

July 16, 2008

Oh dear...

Just as I was starting to pare down the number of blogs I read in order to limit my computer time, Danielle Bean and some others launch a new blog, Faith and Family Live! It is described in their Welcome post as "a supportive online community for Catholic moms" where they "hope to build a Christ-centered community where we can encourage and support one another in the joyful, challenging, important work of Catholic living."

I have hesitated to "give up" some of the wonderful homeschooling blogs and forums that I frequent, even though we have decided that we'll be sending our children to Catholic school. After all, I'm still "homeschooling" my pre-schoolers and there are so many "good ideas" out there. The problem is, I read about them but never get around to doing many of them...and the time I spend on the computer takes away from the time I spend with my children (and around the house). So, perhaps this new blog is a good thing...but only if it replaces my Google Reader list of blogs and if the result is less time on the computer with the outcome of living the Catholic family life I read about.

1 comment:

Jessica Gordon said...

Oh I KNOW, me TOO!

I am in desperate need of cutting back on the blogs in my Google Reader, but I just can't decide which to cut out! And sure enough, I too added Faith and Family Live.

It is so hard to find the right balance when it comes to the computer, isn't it?

You are so lucky to live in an area with good Catholic Schools. We are not blessed in that area, so homeschooling is my only option for now. I hope it goes well for you!

I saw that you added Catholic Cuisine to your sidebar. Glad you like it!