My brother called this morning to tell me the wonderful news that he is a father. His son was born this morning - at 8AM on 8-8-08. He chose the middle name, Dominic, after the great
Saint Dominic, whose feast we celebrated today. Although he didn't realize it at the time, we miscarried our first baby seven years ago today and we also named him Dominic. There is something significant about it for me, although I can't quite find the words for it. It has to do with the Scriptural representation of seven as completion, perfection, and sanctification.
This is my first nephew - my children's first cousin. We are excited and happy for my brother and his wife. The first pictures we received remind me slightly of Catherine's newborn pictures - much more than my other children. (Catherine is below, in the pink hat.)

It may be a while before we get to meet this baby - they live far away. However, we have a friend who had a baby boy on Monday this week. I got to hold him tonight and thought that as I watch him grow, I will be able to imagine how big my nephew is getting.
1 comment:
Congrats to everyone in your family!
Post a Comment