Pages

October 31, 2008

our halloween

Catherine was to bring her costume to school today for their classroom Halloween party. She was planning on being some kind of fairy princess and after seeing a shortened sneak preview of the high school play yesterday, she told me that she was going to be Glinda, the good witch of the north. So, I did my best with materials on hand to help her make a crown, she had the wand, and the dress is a recent hand-me-down that was supposed to be her Easter dress for next spring, not a Halloween costume, yet, here she is, making sure she had her entire costume and that she could put it on by herself:

We went trick-or-treating at just a few houses in town after Mass (All Saints Day Vigil). Besides Glinda, we had St. Joan of Arc, Superman, and a little cowboy. Of course I don't have a picture because I couldn't find the camera before we went, and when we got home the kids had abandoned their costumes by the time I located it. Instead, I was able to get this picture of Catherine, showcasing her newly missing tooth (her teacher helped her pull it out today),

and these of Anthony's recent art work (this was before any Halloween candy, although I'd like to have been able to blame it on that).


Teresa says that he did it because he knew that I could wash it off. She knows that they are washable markers as we have had some experience with this before. When I'm done, I think I'm going to make myself one of these. (Thanks for the link, Sara!)

No comments: