Tomorrow is the first Sunday of Advent. When we get home from visiting our family for Thanksgiving, I have a lot of last minute things to do...I have been reading about Advent traditions and activities at the following sites. I don't think I'll be posting much until after Christmas, but this list of links should keep everyone busy. I especially like Karen Edmisten's tip to make an Advent file. It might be "too late" to do some of these things this year, but you can file the idea away for later...when the kids are older.
Catholic Culture: The Advent Workshop
O Night Divine Advent and Christmas blog
CatholicMom.com Advent and Christmas Resources
Domestic-Church.com (I love their idea for making a paper bag tilma for the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. This is the kind of craft that I can handle!)
Teaching Mom's Advent calendar
Women for Faith & Family Advent Season
Karen Edmisten's No Panic Advent series.
The Bookworm's idea for making an Advent Box.
*Don't forget to visit the awesome St. Nicholas Center. The things they have For Kids are great!
There are also the Advent prayers and meditations that I was introduced to by the School Sisters of Christ the King.
Christmas Anticipation Prayer
A Spiritual Crib
The Incarnation, Birth, & Infancy of Jesus Christ by St. Alphonsus Liguori
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment