...have been running through my head today.
1: "So this is how liberty dies, to the sound of thunderous applause" Padme Amidala, Star Wars III, Revenge of the Sith
2: Jesus, Lord, have mercy on us.
Although this election was "historic" in that America elected its first (half) black President, it will also be remembered as the election where people chose personal comfort over life. The terrible irony is twofold. While we are celebrating how far we've come regarding the civil rights of African Americans, we voted against the rights of the unborn - both in the Presidential election and in several States. In doing so, we voted away more of the freedoms that we claim to hold so dear than we realize. Soon, health care providers will no longer have the freedom to choose whether or not they wish to perform abortions or dispense abortifacient drugs. The so-called "Freedom of Choice Act", along with the introduction of socialized health care will ensure that. I think that, in light of the choices we made this election cycle, that many are ignoring the evil our nation is embracing, or at the least, willing to accept. It is important that we all take a minute and ask ourselves: How would you know?
I have been reading Mark Mallet: Spiritual Food For Thought for several months. I haven't put him up on my favorites list because I'm not sure what others might think about the things he has to say. I have read through most of his archives and I have found that his writings do not make me fearful, but challenge me to live an authentic Christian life. I think that I would like to introduce him to you with today's post, What If?
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment