Pages

December 21, 2008

two years old



Stephen's birthday was yesterday. We celebrated with chocolate cake*, but with his birthday being less than a week before Christmas, it is hard to focus...and the celebration fell short. Fortunately, he is only two, so I have a few more years to figure out how we're going to do this before he's old enough to care. This year, he was happier than a clam because his dad fixed a favorite toy that has been out of commission for a while...and he really liked his "caw-kick" cake.



*I was going to make a cheesecake, but did not plan far enough ahead (ingredients have to be at room temperature, cake needs to bake, cool and season...). I had everything I needed, though, so I made it anyway and we had it for dessert tonight. The girls exclaimed, "We should have had this one for Stephen's birthday!" but Stephen was not terribly impressed, preferring his "caw-kick" and Anthony even asked if I could "...scrape off the cheese." (?!?!?!) If I hadn't given birth to him, I'd question whether or not he was really my kid.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Stephen