Pages

May 30, 2009

homemade Gatorade

I tried making an electrolyte replacement solution, following the recipe / advice given here: Oral Rehydration Solutions. It was tolerable until I added the OJ for potassium and "to improve the taste". It was gross. So I looked through the suggestions found at Thrifty Fun and added another quart of water and a packet of Pineapple Kool-Aid to salvage what I started. After adding another 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of OJ, I finally had something that we all liked and tasted similar to a Gatorade AM drink...though it is not likely a great "electrolyte replacement" drink. Anyone have experience with making something like this? We are still in need...

1 comment:

Megan B said...

i actually just saw this link from another blog and had thought about trying it but haven't yet. there's a recipe for gatorade at the link below. don't know how different it is from the one you tried.

http://thehomespunheart.blogspot.com/2009/05/eat-from-freezerpantry.html