Pages

June 25, 2009

choices

Some parenting advice that I got once was to offer your children choices. Some examples I have used are, "Would you prefer to take a bath or a shower?" "Would you prefer to pick up the toys in the living room or the piano room?" "Would you prefer peanut butter or cream cheese in your celery sticks?" Many of you probably use this tactic. I will warn you that it can backfire.

Teresa has recently been asking me things like, "Would you prefer to give me a piece of gum or a piece of candy?" "Would you prefer to let us run in the sprinklers or fill up the pool for us?" "Would you prefer to let us watch a video or TV?"

Clever girl.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my!!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, she's not allowed to talk to Sam until she quits that, I use the choice thing all the time! :)

Joseph Q said...

Hey i think those little girls are funny after that comment.
Happy Birthday.