Pages

June 23, 2009

weather

Yesterday, I was tempted to post about the change in weather this week - from warm and pleasant to hot and humid. Then I remembered what I read a few weeks ago in Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence. Since it available to read on-line HERE, I will refer you to Chapter III, 1. In the Natural Incidents of our Daily Lives, where Father Jean Baptiste Saint-Jure writes,

"We should wish with the divine will for heat and cold, storm and calm, and all the vagaries and inclemencies of the elements. We should in short accept whatever kind of weather God sends us, instead of supporting it with impatience or anger as we usually do when it is contrary to what we desire."

Truly, I have a long way to go in learning conformity to His will!

2 comments:

Joseph Q said...

hey steph i have a new blog site
http://lifestoshort-jq.blogspot.com/
come look :D

Kristi said...

Word!!!

:D