9/3: Many of you know Jennie (and Jesse) and that she is 27 weeks pregnant with twins. She just called me from the hospital. I can't give any details, because they are not really sure what is going on, but the babies need to make it at least one more week in order to have a good chance of making it. Please pray for them!
9/4: Jennie will be in the hospital for a week so the nurses can administer meds and monitor her. They'll evaluate whether or not she needs to stay or can go home, then. She is not having contractions – not in danger of delivering right now; Jesse is getting her laptop so she can work while she's laying around! She has had a chance to visit with NICU nurses since they are expecting preemies...sometime. 28 weeks and 2-lb babies are the magic numbers and they're getting close. Keep praying that those babies will stay put for as long as possible!
9/5: I took some things to Jennie today. She looks great and is feeling confident in the care she is receiving. She asked Jesse to get "caught up" with his work rather than sit around the hospital 'babysitting' her. Jesse felt that everyone's prayers really helped them out and wanted to thank everyone. (Keep them coming!)
9/10: Jennie expects to be home on Saturday. She is stable and feeling well, but will remain on complete bedrest.
9/13: Jennie almost had to stay, but she convinced the doctors to let her stay at her sister's apartment near the hospital. She can get there quickly when the need arises, but she doesn't have to stay in a L&D room until the babies are born. Hopefully it will be a while before I have another update!
9/19: At Jennie's last appointment, the doctor decided it would be best for her to be at the hospital for the duration of her pregnancy. It's a catch 22: she doesn't want to be stuck there, but of course she wants the babies to grow as big and healthy as possible. I'm sure she'd appreciate a phone call or a visit!
4 months ago


5 comments:
We will be praying for them.
Our fervent and unceasing prayers! Thanks for the update.
Praying!!!!! Thanks for the update (via Robyn F who posted to our Bible Study yahoo group). Please do keep us informed....We will be praying so hard!
If you talk to Jesse tell him we put the card in his mailbox. I figure he probably wont be checking b/c of the holiday.
Do you know if she has access to e-mail there? Do you have either an e-mail or mailing address for her at the hospital? I'm not guessing I'll be trekking up to Omaha soon, but I'd love to let her know she's in our prayers.
=] robyn
Post a Comment