Pages

September 27, 2009

Seven Quick Takes (Vol.5)

ONE
Catherine: I really like Word Girl.
Dad: What do you learn about?
Catherine: Words...I think.

Catherine: I love rock and roll!
Mom: That's the loud music that you always tell me to turn off.
Catherine: Well, I love rock and roll girls. See this picture? (Showing me a Hannah Montana sticker). She's so pretty.

Catherine: I'm going to be a beauty shop girl when I grow up. I can still have kids and they can play there while I make people beautiful.

I never thought of this before - but it fits her personality so well!
I don't want to jump the gun; but if this interest continues this is one no-make-up, bites-her-nails, never-had-her-ears-pierced, pony-tail sporting mom who needs to learn a few things...I don't even know how to do a french braid for cryin' out loud!

TWO
Thinking about television and PBS shows, what are your favorites? (Keep in mind that we might watch TV once or twice a week). Of the newer shows, we still really like Word World. The kids really like Super Why! (although the way they change the fairy tales bothers me) and Word Girl has become a new hit. Although I like the concept, I can't say I like the show Sid the Science Kid on PBS. However, we're enjoying the new 'science' show: Dinosaur Train.

THREE
My brother flew into Omaha with Robyn and Grayson on Thursday, so we drove out to see them for a little while. We met up at Kenefick Park and spent some time talking and hanging out around the trains


until Grayson was ready for his nap and they hit the road.


I decided to grab lunch at Burger King (which I only mention because Catherine is wearing her crown in every picture...) and take the kids to the zoo for a little while. We had a good time visiting the Giraffe Complex


the Insect and Butterfly Pavillion


and the Lied Jungle before we had to head home...


after playing on the lions, of course.


FOUR
We slaughtered some roosters and ducks early Saturday morning. Click here if you're interested in how that went and what we've learned...

FIVE
We went to CSS late Saturday morning and picked out some furniture for our new living room. (The couch, chair, and glider rocker are the new pieces if you haven't been to / remember our house). We're pretty happy with how it turned out. I finally have a glider rocker and am anticipating spending many hours in it with our next baby. The colors probably aren't what we'd have picked out "new" but the furniture is comfortable, in very good shape, and the pinks and greens work reasonably well with the colors already in the room.




SIX
With baby number 5 on the way, I've realized just how sorely I've neglected putting together scrapbooks, photo albums, etc. I logged back into our Shutterfly account and am starting to get my photos organized. The advantage to this is that I'm not quite so attached to every little picture, so I can more easily pick out the best memories.

SEVEN
Adam and I have agreed to "give up" our hobbies for the month of October so that we can focus on getting our house in order before Michaela is born. For him, that means no more new batches of beer or wine. For me, no blogging and that means no reading blogs, either - so if something really important happens like a new baby is born (Robyn) please call or e-mail me! See you in November.

A PICTURE THOUGHT I AM SHARING:

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love the crown, and the cat picture:) But, you know what I think about SuperWhy...a Super waste of time. You dont just go around changing stories ruining the moral lesson etc....its insanity!!!

Thanks for the heads up on not blogging for a while. I cant wait for your next post in Nov:)