First we have Michaela, now perfect inside and out:

Her pretty cake:

Looking beautiful*:

Next, we have Stephen tasting the frosting on his birthday cookie**:

Taking the first bite:

Enjoying one of the stars - perhaps Adam is enjoying it more:

After all that sugar, what do you do?
Hide under a toy bin and sing "Happy Birthday" to yourself:

While mom and dad relax with some delicious homebrew***:

notes:
*Thanks to Aunt Andrea for the beautiful bows - Michaela is of a much more tolerant disposition than either of her sisters were and leaves them in. ;) Thanks to Aunt Hannah for the cute picture!
**I asked Stephen what he wanted on his birthday cookie. He looked out the window and said, "trees". Trying to get a better idea, I asked him what his favorite thing was. "My baby sister!" That's so sweet but could be difficult...how about we start with your favorite color? "BLUE!" What could we put on your cake that is blue? "The sky and moon and stars". OK. We can do that. What kind of moon? "A bite moon". OK. A crescent moon. "And three stars because I'm three!" And that's the story behind the cookie.
***My first request when Adam started brewing beer was for a cream stout. He made a few other brews first, while he was learning...and he's a quick learner because this beer came out SO GOOD! I'm glad that he didn't make it right away because I wouldn't have been able to drink it while I was pregnant, but now I can enjoy a glass. Beer helps your milk come in, you know, and I have not had a problem with my milk coming in. As a matter of fact I've got some new found sympathy for well-endowed women who complain of back pain and the like. I thought I was going to lose weight after I had the baby but I found that it just shifted from my belly to my chest.


3 comments:
Very nice photos. I love the one of Stephen under the toy bin.
You are very welcome for the bows. She looks soo cute with them on!Hannah and I decided that I need a baby girl to dress up in cute bows:) Now I can't wait to see her with the "I love my Auntie" outfit. Thanks for having us over. It was a great time. See you in a few days.
How precious! Congratulations on Michaela's baptism! Baptism is my favorite sacrament to participate in or observe! :)
Post a Comment