
Our neighbors with the BIG tractor dug out our driveway so we could get in. My husband had a to finish clearing a path to get in the garage and then dug out a one-shovel wide path from the garage to the house so we could get inside:

This is the view from my kitchen window. These drifts FILL our backyard and are taller than me.

This is the drift across the garden on the south side of the house:

The front yard is a pretty uniform 2 feet deep:

Here's looking down our driveway to the east:

Our firewood is piled under these drifts on the north side:

We have to climb over this to get food and water to the chickens and ducks:

This is the coolest (and tallest) drift next to the chicken coop:

Here I am standing at the door of the chicken coop looking straight west at that drift:

The last winter storm PLUS the snow we just got made all this (~30 inches, according to the NOAA). I don't expect it will be melting anytime soon...and if we keep getting more snow to add to this - YIKES!


4 comments:
Holy moly! :O
Wow!! Thats a lot of snow. I bet your chickens stay put:)
Ohhhh.... I wish I had your snow!
How beautiful. The drifts are gorgeous!
Post a Comment