Pages

December 27, 2010

Homemade

Though my mom didn't do any of her sewing specifically for Christmas this year (we've got plenty of pajamas, dresses, and quilts previously made and in the works, though), she made her essential homemade Christmas goodies for us:
 Italian Fig Cookies - my mom's specialty.  This is so much more than a Fig Newton.
Rum Balls - my favorite! 
You can never have too many blankets from Grandma Q:
Linen and cuddl fleece for me ; bright minky dots and flowers for Michaela. 
 
Adorable little wallet from Maggie in my stocking. 
There are 3 pockets for your liscense, credit cards, appointment cards, gift cards and any other cards you have.  It holds a lot and is easy to find in your pocket or purse.  She makes them in all kinds of cool material and is selling them for $10 as a fundraiser for Joseph's World Youth Day 2011 trip.  You know you want one! 
Maggie's sister, Ellen, also makes them along with lots of other cool stuff. (Crazy Daisy Designs
She embroidered my kids names and embellishments on these cute bath towels
Even Michaela got one. 
She made these personalized superhero capes for the big kids, too.  FUN!  Catherine's is like Teresa's but pink and purple; Anthony's is green and orange with an "A" and a yellow lightning bolt!
Uncle Joe made swords for each of the kids in their favorite colors (which match their superhero capes, of course).  Anthony is showing us how he can make it look like he's impaling himself (and I laughed when I saw that Stephen was poking someone else in the background!)

Did you get any awesome homemade gifts this year?  I've got more pictures of some other stuff that the kids got with their delighted and excited faces captured as best I could coming up...

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Oh, I LOVE homemade gifts! I didn't receive any, but I made table tents for my two goddaughters. It was fun! Homemade gifts can't be beat!!