Last year during Advent I was blessed to go to Kansas with some lovely ladies for an evening called Advent by Candlelight. One of the things I walked away with was a free book called Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly. I was excited about this because a) it was a free book and b) I had listenend to two talks by Matthew Kelly on $3 CDs distributed by Lighthouse Catholic Media so I knew he was at least a good speaker. Back when we ordered them, along with a few others, there were two available: Becoming The Best Version of Yourself and The Seven Levels of Intimacy. Now, there are three more, including Our Lives Change When Our Habits Change, which I picked up today at a nearby parish kiosk for $3. (Along with having more CDs available, the Lighthouse Catholic Media CD sleeves are prettier now). I should order the other two, but first I need to read that book.

Yeah. It's been close to 6 months and I still haven't cracked it open...though I should have...because this year for Easter my own small parish gave out free copies of this book and all I could say was, "Oh, yeah. I have a copy at home." The next week an advertisement in the diocesan register catches my eye. Matthew Kelly is going to be speaking in Nebraska. I thought that was pretty cool, but wasn't serious about going. The next week I read an article in the same register telling me how great the event "Living Every Day With Passion and Purpose" was going to be; but it was an hour drive and tickets were kind of pricey so I wasn't going to go. Then I get an email from Janel, who I met at the aforementioned Advent By Candlelight. She was part of the event planning committee and had tickets for sale. I figured the third time's a charm and forwarded the info to my husband thinking he'd have something planned that weekend and couldn't watch the kids. He emails me back: Sounds good. Sign up.





1 comment:
I haven't read the book yet either. But, Rick read it and said its great. I think he only read it because Father Faulkner put his stamp of approval on it.
Post a Comment