Pages

July 21, 2011

Gianna Emanuela


My friend Kristi gave me a ride to Lincoln to hear Gianna Emmanuala, the daughter of Saint Gianna Beretta Molla, speak last night.  I didn't bring a camera and I'm sure others will have much better things to say of her lovely account of her "saint mother".  I just wanted to record the one thing the Holy Spirit had for me.  This may not be an exact quote, but is what I scribbled after digging through my bag for a pen and paper. 

Gianna Emanuela said that Saint Gianna would tell the young girls in Catholic Action "Our happiness on earth and in heaven depends on living our vocation well."

I found a similar 'direct' quote elsewhere:  "Our Earthly and Eternal happiness depends on following our vocation without faltering" -St. Gianna 


Lord of life, we thank Thee for the heroic witness of St. Gianna Beretta Molla.  Thou hast taught us that there is no greater love than to lay down one's life for others.  St. Gianna did this, not only as she gave birth to her last child, but also in her everyday life as she died to herself so that she could live wholly for Thee.  What selflessness we see in her! (from the Litany of St. Gianna)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Thanks for going with me. I never would have found it without you.