Pages

August 20, 2011

Teresa Rose


Teresa turned 8 yesterday.  It was the second day of school and she brought fruit snacks to share with the class.  She likes all things ocean-related but she picked the (store brand) Sharks! over the Kellogg Finding Nemo shapes because Nemo is kind of babyish.  Ah, yes.  She is growing up.  I am ashamed to say that we did not take any pictures of her blowing out candles on her birthday cookie or enjoying her Golden Corral birthday dinner.  I have gotten a few pictures of her recently, though.  She loves her patch of Black-eyed Susans. 


I have to remind Adam every spring that these are not weeds - they are Teresa's favorite flower - please don't mow them!  I also got a picture of her outside climbing "the tallest tree"  It is not actually the tallest tree on our property, but may be the tallest tree that she can climb (relatively) safely.  She says that she can see Jennie and Jesse's house from up there.  They live 3 miles north of us...I'll take her word for it.  


Catherine bought matching coloring/activity books with invisible ink pens so they could do something together that Teresa enjoys.  I bought her a Cranium Brain Breaks game for us to play together when she wants to spend some time with me.  I honestly feel like I neglect her because she is so responsible and independent and I wanted to make sure she has a way to get my attention in a positive way.  We love you, Teresa Rose!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday!

Love the pictures. They are so nice:)

ldtexas said...

She's beautiful! I love the pictures too!