Pages

September 21, 2011

when helping isn't helpful and other mischief

Last night I left the boys to clear the table while I supervised girls' baths.  The boys came up and were playing in their room as the girls were finishing up.  I went down to get their towels from the dryer and I heard running water.  This was not the tub draining.  Someone had left the kitchen faucet running.  As I entered the kitchen I saw a waterfall coming out of the sink and covering the floor.  Getting a picture was not my first priority.  Apparently, Stephen had plugged both sides of the sink and was filling them up for me to wash and rinse the dishes.  And then he walked away.  Here is a clip from the basement after the kids were tucked in and before I started to ShopVac up the water upstairs.  It was done dripping by the time I made it down to the basement.  I only sucked up about 15 gallons of water from the kitchen and basement floors, but the dehumidifier will be running for a couple of days.


Earlier in the day, Michaela saw Adam's laptop was left open on the side table next to the couch.  She discovered that the keys pop off quite easily.  One little piece is still missing.  They say bad things come in threes, so I'm counting the 10lb bag of potatoes that Michaela dumped out in the pantry while I was cooking dinner as one, too.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my! God bless the little helpers (and you too)!

Kristi said...

You poor woman. I'm so sorry that happened:(