Happy Birthday, Dad! Since we announced our baby's due date of December 26th, I've gotten an earful of hopes from family that we'd have a baby boy early - on your birthday - so we could name him after you. The day has come and gone and I'm sorry to say that he just wasn't ready to share a birthday with his grandpa.
However, Catherine and Teresa were so excited about sharing grandpa's birthday that they even insisted we bake a cake! They have told everyone we've seen or talked to: from family friends, to the cashier at the Family Dollar and the postman. They've been asking me all day when you are coming over. Too bad grandpa lives 8 hours away! I told them we could bake another cake to share when you come for Christmas. Maybe we'll even make it a cheesecake - your favorite - instead of a Betty Crocker cake mix. We hope you had as much fun as your granddaughters did today!
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment