Pages

January 24, 2007

a number of things

I have not posted in a while because I've had trouble signing in from our little laptop downstairs and my time on the upstairs computer is limited, but it is not for lack of things to post.

1) First, a heartfelt thank you to all our family and friends who have supported us tremendously with gifts of time, food, and money following the birth of Stephen. We have been especially blessed with gifts of clothing, toys, and food; and help in the form of meals, babysitting, and even help around the house! In particular, to the anonymous sender of a very generous gift: God bless you! We are humbled by your generosity and are having a Mass offered in Thanksgiving for you all.













2) Catherine, Teresa, and Anthony spent several days last week at Grandma's. They were treated to their first movie at the theater, Charlotte's Web; were spoiled at the mall with an assortment of cute and comfy new clothes; and had hours of attention lavished on their hair with styling by Grandma, a trip to Auntie Hannah's beauty shop for Teresa's adorable cut, and the barber who used to cut Adam's hair for Anthony's first "real" haircut, during which, I'm told, he sat perfectly still.

3) In the meantime, Stephen has been growing...and growing...and growing. He grew right out of his cute newborn clothes altogether too quickly, and is plumping up faster than any of my little ones did. I have to attribute this to his affinity towards sleeping. He has slept more in his first month of life than I have in the last year! (OK - so that's mathematically not possible, but you get the idea). We have still not decided what color his eyes are, but it is a unanimous opinion that he looks like his mom.

There are a few more things I could write about, like the letter I got from an old high school friend last week; the eight-inch snow that was just right for making snowmen; and all of Anthony's new words; but, this post is getting quite long, so I'll save those for later.

No comments: