Pages

January 11, 2007

a house full of babies

Yesterday, as Anthony was sitting on my lap and helping me hold Stephen, he looked up at me and said with confidence, "bay-bay." That's right - Stephen is your baby brother. Then he pointed at Teresa and said "bay-bay" and did the same with Catherine. I asked if he was a baby, too. He pointed at himself and announced that yes, indeed, he was a "bay-bay."

It appears I have a house full of babies. Many times I find that I'm expecting too much of them and I need a reminder, like the one Anthony gave me, that all four of my babies need my help, attention, and love. They need me to be fully present to them all the time and it can often get overwhelming. Thankfully, I have a helpful, attentive, and loving husband to take care of me. Thank you, dear.

No comments: