
Joy! The
Guerney's 2007 Spring Catalog arrived in the mail! We never order anything from them, but I love, love, love slowly perusing the colorful photographs depicting perfectly formed flowers, a bountiful harvest of vegetables and mouth watering fruits. I begin to think about our own garden and all the food I would love to grow, enjoy all summer, and preserve in the fall. I imagine gorgeous flowers, strong trees and flowering, fruiting shrubs filling our landscape with beauty and providing a perfect habitat for birds and butterflies. I know that there will be adverse weather, weeds, pests, and disease. I know that the planting, maintenance, harvesting and canning is time consuming, back breaking work. But right now I'm dreaming, and it is a beautiful dream.
1 comment:
Funny that you do that too. I actually have ordered from them a couple times and haven't been terribly impressed. Home Depot has such a good return policy that I tend to use them instead.
But isn't it fun to dream and imagine your own perfect garden complete with the butterflies and birds (and minus the bugs and sunburnt leaves?)
Enjoy!
Post a Comment