Pages

March 17, 2007

kansas city

Adam and I took a day trip with Stephen to Kansas City yesterday. We enjoyed meeting up with our friend Anand, who was in town to conduct interviews for F.O.C.U.S. We went to a noon to Mass, where Stephen threw up his entire lunch and I was complemented on my "veteran mothering skills" as I caught it in his blanket (i.e. it did not go all over the floor). We walked from the church to the scandalously named Korma Sutra Restaurant for a surprisingly inexpensive buffet of delicious Indian food (TOO good for a Friday during Lent). Finally, we ended the day with a short trip to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, which has an awesome European Art Collection and beautiful early Christian art in their Ancient Art Collection. I was particularly struck by the two beautifully detailed floral still-life paintings by Dutch artists Rachel Ruysch and Jan Van Huysum, which reminded me of one of my favorite jigsaw puzzles of this painting. We found out that the new Bloch building opens on June 9, 2007, and I am hoping for a 6-year anniversary weekend trip to KC and tickets to see the featured Manet to Matisse exhibition (hint, hint).

1 comment:

dillyweed said...

Hope you get to go. Fun time.
-Briana