Pages

April 4, 2007

saving spring

It has been beautifully warm for the last few weeks, but yesterday a cold front moved in and last night it froze - not just a light freeze, but an 18 degree freeze. Tonight and tomorrow night are expected to be the same with a high of 44 for the rest of the week. As I was driving to a funeral at our church this morning, we even saw a few flurries! I'm not sure what will survive, but I was sure to clip a flowering branch of forsythia and the daffodils that had bloomed so that we are sure to enjoy a little bit of spring this year.

In other news, the kids got hair cuts, as showcased in these lovely pictures. I was surprised at how grown-up this layered cut makes Catherine look, and the bob is just too cute on Teresa. Anthony sat perfectly still, again, for his cut. Unfortunately, he has bed head in these pictures, but I finally caught his "stinky face" and he gave me a smile, too.



Oh - and how could I forget - Stephen (to the delight of one grandma and the dismay of the other) has mastered the art of thumb-sucking.

No comments: