
This is my piano. Isn't it beautiful? My parents recently hired a moving company to deliver it to me and I've been playing a bit more than I usually do. I broke out the old sheet music and remembered much more than I thought I would. It probably helps that I haven't been out of practice. I have been playing the "organ" (translation: a
Yamaha Clavinova that PLAYS like a piano, but SOUNDS like an organ) at our church for several years. Additionally, we've had a piano in our house for as long as we've been married, but it was one that we were storing for a friend. Things worked out that we were able to return it a few weeks ago. Mine arrived in time to replace the bare spot on the wall before it was overtaken by other furniture. My parents are on their way, next week, to visit (us, I hope, and not the piano that has been in their house(s) for over 25 years!). From the East Coast to the West Coast, to the Rocky Mountains, its new home is the Great Plains and I hope it will remain here with me for many, many years.
No comments:
Post a Comment