I enjoyed going through all the preschool - 4th grade stuff that my mom had saved. She kept some of the (beautiful) Mother's Day cards that I had made for her. I've purged about half of it and need to go through everything a second time. Some things I'm keeping because they gave me some good "homeschooling" ideas as I plan to teach Catherine at home rather than sending her to preschool next year. Others I'm keeping because they're just too cute to throw away. Here is my favorite story, written in first grade, for your reading enjoyment:
"The Colorful Butterfly" by Stephanie
Once upon a time there was a very colorful Butterfly and it even had pink on it. It was a very beautiful butterfly and it got so old, pretty soon it died. Too bad.
*My new books!:
The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy, J.R.R. Tolkien (paperback)
The Silmarillion, J.R.R. Tolkien
The Silver Chalice, Thomas Costain
Exodus, Leon Uris
Mary, Vladimir Nobokov
The Lincoln Reader, Paul M. Angle
The Apostle, Sholem Asch
The Seventh Cross, Anna Seghers
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
This Side of Paradise, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Tender Is The Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Last Tycoon, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens
A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
Great Expectations, Charles Dickens
David Copperfield, Charles Dickens
The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway
A Farewell to Arms, Ernest Hemingway
For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemingway
Once upon a time there was a very colorful Butterfly and it even had pink on it. It was a very beautiful butterfly and it got so old, pretty soon it died. Too bad.
*My new books!:
The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy, J.R.R. Tolkien (paperback)
The Silmarillion, J.R.R. Tolkien
The Silver Chalice, Thomas Costain
Exodus, Leon Uris
Mary, Vladimir Nobokov
The Lincoln Reader, Paul M. Angle
The Apostle, Sholem Asch
The Seventh Cross, Anna Seghers
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
This Side of Paradise, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Tender Is The Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Last Tycoon, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens
A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
Great Expectations, Charles Dickens
David Copperfield, Charles Dickens
The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway
A Farewell to Arms, Ernest Hemingway
For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemingway


No comments:
Post a Comment