Pages

September 12, 2007

The Holy Name of Mary

I used the Handwriting Without Tears idea of forming letters from a few basic shapes and cut out some small pieces from light blue tag board. Catherine pasted the pieces of paper, following a template that I made, to spell MARY at the top of her poster. We looked through the Kinghts of Columbus September 2007 Columbia magazine to find pictures of Mary. Fortunately, the cover story was on Our Lady of Charity and there were several pictures of Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of the unborn, for her to cut out and paste on her poster.

We had a lovely Marian tea party. We mixed up some Glacier Freeze Gatorade and drank out of real tea cups, which was a special treat for the girls. Teresa picked some beautiful grass seed heads for a bouquet that I arranged in an old glass Coke bottle. Catherine took a picture:

No comments: