Our friend rented a Bobcat for the weekend and Adam was helping him do some dirt work up at his house. When finished, they stopped by our house to clean up the yard...move a pile of dirt here; fill in a hole there...but when I went out to see what they were doing, my jaw dropped.
When I was able to pick it up off the porch I asked, "Where is the sidewalk?" There was a sidewalk from our porch steps to the driveway. Here, you can see that it has disappeared and so has our front yard!
Yesterday and this morning, our friend helped Adam dig, form, and tamp down a truck bed full of sand and gravel to make a new sidewalk from the porch steps to the driveway AND a sidewalk from the garage to the porch.
This afternoon, the concrete truck came and poured our new sidewalks. Adam spent the afternoon making them beautiful. Give him a hand, folks!


3 comments:
Great job, but how long before the landscaping will complement it };0)
I'd like to get some Hostas planted around the Amelianchier (serviceberry) this fall...and I'm thinking of transplanting our irises, but it's too late to plant grass, so we're back to a dirt yard out front until spring.
Thank you, Adam, for your part in helping to minimize dirt-tracking into the house with your beautiful sidewalks. . .that is, if Stephanie can keep the children on the sidewalks and off of the gravel driveway! Looks good.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment