He lives in the same town as Aunt Becky and her family. (Aunt Becky is a wonder-woman, taking care of both him and my Grandma, who lives separately in a nursing home.) My Uncle Tim and his family recently moved within an hour, and visit him every week, which helps Aunt Becky. My Aunt Julie flies in to visit for holidays and just because as often as she can and takes Gramps on fun vacations (where are you now, Germany?). Grandpa hasn't seen my dad since my brother's wedding a year ago June, so I think he was most surprised to see him. I think he was also surprised to see that my brother had flown in for the weekend, and that our family drove into town (it's only 5 hours away and I'm embarrassed to admit that we haven't been to see Grams or Gramps since they moved there several years ago, so I am thankful that my Aunts and Uncles put this together. It was a great excuse to visit.
Someone please, please email or mail me a copy of the family picture that was taken from the deck (my camera didn't make it up there) and any other pics of my kids and/or I with gramps. Her are a few from my camera:
The kids had a great time playing together, particularly Catherine and my youngest cousin, Zoe. We'll have to get together again. Soon!
The girls were very good about playing nicely with their balloons, Anthony managed to pop or release about 5 or 6 of them...
On Sunday we visited Grams in the nursing home. She was surprised a few times by Stephen's iron grip and loud voice, but gave him lots of grandma kisses, and remembered how to sing her trademark "Deed-e-lee-dee" baby song. Here, they were making motorboat sounds back and forth to each other.


No comments:
Post a Comment