Pages

October 1, 2007

Living the Liturgy: October

I can hardly believe it is already October. What happened to September?! I'm going to be looking HERE and HERE for ideas and inspiration as the month progresses.

Our CHC theme for the month is: My Guardian Angel watches over me. Since we celebrated the Feast of the Archangels on Sunday, we have been coloring many pictures of angels.

There is a LOT on the calendar this month including these feast and memorials:

October 1: St. Therese of The Child Jesus. Color roses, begin reading Catholic Children's Treasure Box, which tells the story of "A Little Girl Named Therese".
October 2: Guardian Angels. Continue reading Catholic Children's Treasure Box, which tells "A Story About An Angel"
October 4: St. Francis of Assisi. Read Francis of Assisi by Chiara Lorenzini (I'm so glad that I bought this beautifully illustrated book when I was in Assisi 7 years ago).
October 5: St. Faustina. Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy as a family.
October 7: Holy Rosary. Read The Holy Rosary by Fr. Lovasik. Pray the Rosary as a family.
October 15: Teresa of Jesus. This is a "name day" for someone in our family. Celebrate!
October 17, St. Ignatius. Something with Lions and Wheat Bread...
October 18: St. Luke. Paint a picture of Mary. Learn & color the symbol that represents this gospel writer, a winged ox.
October 19: St. Isaac Jogues and Companions. Perhaps we can visit our diocesan North American Martyrs parish. I'll have to read and think some more...

I'll also have to read and think about what we are going to do for All Hallow's Eve. For the last 5 years we've managed to simply ignore it.

1 comments:

divinagrace said...

I like those links in Catholic Culture, especially the sections on Virtue for Parents and Watchword Pedagogy. I would take the time to read it and soak it in if my toddler would just stop climbing all over the computer, LOL!

No comments: