
This Turkey Trivia Quiz was sent to me by my parents. I am ashamed to say that I only got 10 answers right...the first time I took it. A day later, I was able to answer all 20 correctly, so at least I learned a few things. :)
Along the same lines, the Thanksgiving Traditions & History site has a short quiz (I scored 8/10 on this one) and a short Thanksgiving history, including links to the text of the Thanksgiving proclamation(s).

Danielle Bean posted some simple Thanksgiving recipes. We've been eating pumpkin bread all week. My mouth has been watering for the apple-orange-cranberry sauce at The Virtual Kitchen for days. For dessert, neither Adam nor I love the traditional pumpkin or pecan pies served at Thanksgiving, but I've had my eye on an apple pie recipe at Come for Coffee for a few weeks, now.

While I'm on the subject of food, here's a blogthing I saw at a few sites. The funny thing is that I don't really like stuffing all that much, though it is my husband's favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal. Maybe he is the cranberry sauce...or the candied yams...
| You Are The Stuffing |
![]() You're complicated and complex, yet all your pieces fit together. People miss you if you're gone - but they're not sure why. |

Although giving thanks is what this holiday is all about, I won't attempt to number my blessings now. It is sufficient to say that I am especially thankful that my hands are full.
I've been reading about what others have to be thankful for on "Thankful Thursdays" and I also just read about The Thousand Gifts. I love the idea of keeping a gratitude journal. I have several empty journals; hundreds of blank pages waiting to be filled with a thousand things, or more, for which I am thankful. Happy Thanksgiving!

*Thanksgiving images are Dover Publications free e-cards.



No comments:
Post a Comment