Pages

December 6, 2007

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

The kids woke up to softly falling flakes of snow and presents in their shoes (including a bag of traditional chocolate gold coins) from St. Nicholas. We'll be making cookies later (but nothing fancy like these...I have little kids and I need to keep it simple. We're just cutting out stocking-shaped sugar cookies and sprinkling them with red and green colored sugar to share with our friends). We'll also be playing here. Have a happy day!

UPDATE: Here are the cookies we made. Simple and sweet.

As proof that I am "domestically challenged" here is the special cookie that Catherine made with the left-over cookie dough. She did a lovely job decorating it, using the star cookie cutter as a template, but mommy left it in the oven too long. We didn't mix in cocoa. It's not bad lighting. It's burnt.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love it! I won't even tell you how badly our cookies turned out. My oldest looked at me and said, "You're right, Momma...those are awful. Let's trash them." It was so pitful. Yours look great!

Kristen Laurence said...

I'm all for keeping things simple. At least you baked cookies - I bought mine. :(

Happy belated Feast, Stephanie!