Pages

December 9, 2007

memory lane

The scent of an orange flavored LifeSaver sent me on a trip down memory lane this morning and gave me a hankering for Orange Pop. The Bonne Bell Lipsmackers kind, that is. When I was in Elementary and Junior High School, Bonne Bell Lipsmackers were THE thing. Watermelon, Strawberry, and Orange Pop were favorites. Vanilla was also a very popular flavor, but I never liked it. I remember getting a candy cane trio of LipSmackers at Christmas through my pre-teen years. In Junior High - ok, probably even High School - you could count on me to have a tube of Peppermint LipSmackers in my pocket. Can you believe that I still have a quarter-inch of Red Raspberry (yes, I'm wearing it).

Dr. Pepper was the first "name brand" LipSmacker I remember, but now you can get all different kinds of soda and candy flavored LipSmackers. Coca-Cola, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Skittles, Starburst, and even M&M's are all featured flavors. I can hardly believe that there are so many choices now! I think I'm going to have to order myself - I mean my girls - a few for their Christmas stockings this year.

No comments: