Pages

December 12, 2007

one year later

One year ago I started blogging with this post. It was not entirely coincidental that I began this blog on one of Our Lady's feast days, the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. I don't have a particular devotion to Our Lady under that title, but I was feeling particularly close to her as I anticipated the birth of my son, who had a due date of December 26th.

I had been reading Danielle Bean, Elizabeth Foss, and had recently discovered Margaret and Kristen. A friend from junior high and high school, who blogs for friends and family who live far away, was a big inspiration to me as well (thanks, Briana)! Recently, I've enjoyed getting to know other Catholic homeschooling moms with very young children like Divina, Jen, and Suzanne and I'm starting to feel like a member of the blogging family.

However, looking back over the last year, I have to ask myself if I've accomplished what I set out to do. I don't have a site meter and I don't get many comments, so I'm never sure how many people read this thing. Have I been able to "share a bigger picture of our lives with our family and friends who want to know and see more about us than we can squeeze onto one page in a Christmas letter once a year"? I know my parents read this often and every once in a while a friend or relative will surprise me by telling me that they read my blog. I got an email from such a friend just the other day:

"I just wanted to say thank you for blogging...I love reading what you write. I can really relate to what you say and enjoy "seeing" and "hearing" about the kids. What a beautiful family you have!"

To all my friends and family who read and enjoy what I write, thank you! I've had fun blogging and - with or without comments - I look forward to another year of sharing our blessings and our messes with you.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I don't get too many comments on my blog as well. But, then I had to remember the reasons why I blogged, and mine were for a lot of similar reasons as yours. My husband's grandparents live down south, and even though they don't leave comments, I know they check it a lot. I will come to comment more! I love your blog. Keep up the good work! ;-) And happy early birthday to the little one.

Anonymous said...

I've had fun reading your blog.

Happy One Year!

Can't wait to read more.

Anonymous said...

You know I love your blog too. You inspired me to make one also. But, mine is a bunch of gibberish. Haha

Kristi