Pages

January 21, 2008

the "middle" child

It was brought to my attention a few months ago that I hadn't posted anything about Teresa in a while. Some time has gone by and I still haven't really posted anything significant about Teresa. The last time I specifically wrote about her was...well...a long time ago. I haven't had many pictures up because she hasn't been very picturesque lately and I truly don't have very many.

This morning, however, she was my little ray of sunshine on this cold, snowy day. Despite the fact that she dumped the crumbs from her plate on the floor (thereby earning the privilege of sweeping the entire kitchen floor before being allowed to play) her cheerful willingness to do the work, and her sweet singing voice have calmed my anxious spirit. We're looking at another week of cold, snow, and wind, keeping us homebound as I'm afraid that the drift will close up the driveway if I dare to leave.

Before breakfast Teresa was singing her favorite, Over In The Meadow, and at the table she recalled another counting song that she learned this year, The Twelve Days of Christmas, beginning, here, with 5 golden rings.



Happy Monday!

3 comments:

divina said...

Aaawww ... so sweet!

Aren't the Jane Austen stories wonderful? I would love to read them, too and get around to watching the PBS shows.

Have a happy week!

Anonymous said...

That was so precious.

Kristi

Jen said...

How cute is she?! And a beautiful signing voice to boot. Here's hoping you get out of the house for a least a bit, and don't get too snowed in.