Yesterday was one of those days...no matter how much stuff I got picked up and put away, thrown away, or tossed in a give away box, there was one more pile to tackle at my feet. I hopelessly commented to my husband that the problem is that I'm simply outnumbered. For every one thing I put away, four things get taken out. My husband suggested that I put everything down, put on some comfy pajamas, and sit down to watch a movie with him. I (sort of) took his advice, taking one more armload of things upstairs to put away, getting ready for bed, and bringing down a basket of dirty clothes to put in the laundry room. When I returned to the living room, I found it neatly picked up (cushions on the couches - imagine!) so I could sit down and relax.
This morning I was comforted to read that I was not alone in leaving things undone last night. Like Jen, I am thankful for my husband's calm perspective and loving help when I am feeling overwhelmed. This morning, after a relaxing evening and a restful night's sleep, things don't look as bad. I can look with fresh eyes on my children as little helpers instead of whirlwinds of destruction. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to strap Stephen in his ERGO and put my little helpers to work. They have a lot of toys to pick up.
4 months ago


2 comments:
God knew that there would be days that kids would be "whirlwinds of destruction" thats why he made them cute.
Kristi
Gotta love those husbands. I literally could not function without him. Glad you got some much needed rest. ;-)
Post a Comment