Pages

January 3, 2008

too busy to post

There are so many things in my head, so many things going on and so many blog posts I've missed writing. Little things like the possum who has been visiting our bird feeders. Big things like visiting friends and family for Christmas. Special things like Catherine getting to carry the baby Jesus up to lay him in the manger at Midnight Mass. Baby things like Stephen perfecting his walking abilities, learning to climb up and down the stairs, and *ahem* learning how to lift the toilet lid to splash in the water. Kid things like the most played with Christmas presents (Anthony's BRIO train and toy golf clubs; and Catherine/Teresa's new bikes and Melissa and Doug dollhouse). Mom and Dad things like New Year's resolutions and household upgrades. I hope to get back to some of these things, but there is one "night before Christmas" story I wanted to share before I forgot:

The children were nestled all snug in their beds...but they were not asleep. They were talking. Adam and I crept up the stairs to listen. The girls were discussing Christmas, Santa, and presents and eventually decided to "go to sleep". Then one of them exclaimed, "It's morning! Time to wake up!" From the room across the hall, Anthony, who really was trying to go to sleep, yelled back, "Still dark out!"

1 comment:

Kristen Laurence said...

Too cute!

How special that your Catherine placed the Babe in the manger. She must have felt so honored!