Danielle Bean recently wrote this article, which reminded me of what I was thinking about when I started this blog last year. I was reflecting more about this today, as this new year begins on the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God. In the homily this morning, Father made an analogy that I love: When we offer our prayers, works, joys and sufferings through Mary she makes them more pleasing to God. Even our best efforts are a mess. It is like offering a basket of fruit where some pieces were picked before they were ripe, some have been dropped and bruised, and some have worm holes. Mary takes that offering and arranges it on a gold platter, decorating it with flowers and presenting it to God, herself, blessing our mess. Messes are unavoidable. They are a result of our fallen human nature and "remind us of our need of a Savior". Today, they also remind me of our need of His Mother and make me grateful that she is our mother, as well.


No comments:
Post a Comment