Pages

February 3, 2008

a nice surprise

Catherine got sick. Teresa got sick. I got sick. We've had a day of respite between illnesses to clean up, but it's been pretty yucky around here. I'm praying that the boys don't get sick, but I won't be surprised if I wake up in the wee hours of the morning to crying...a quick warm bath...and an extra load of laundry. So, with all that going on, as I took a break from the necessary cleaning, I saw that I received this award at Divina's blog:



I'm humbled and grateful. Thank you! Now, to pass it on...I hate to think that I read any blogs that aren't "excellent". If I do, then I'm not being a good steward of my time. Therefore, my blog list is under constant review and change. Sometimes I find a blog to be inspiring and encouraging based on my current interests and focus. You many have noticed that I've linked to blogs like A Gypsy Caravan and Plainsong in some recent posts about decluttering / detaching. I frequently visit By Sun and Candlelight to read about Dawn's backyard birds and other nature posts.

There are the excellent blogs that I look to for wisdom. These are (slightly) older moms with older kids who have "been there - done that" and reassure me that everything's going to be all right: Danielle Bean, Minnesota Mom, and Elizabeth Foss's Real Learning.

Some other excellent blogs that I read are young moms like me, sharing successes and failures as we homeschool our young children: Small Treasures, This Family of Ours, HappyMama, Gladdest Hours, and The Bean Sprout.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you all feel better soon, and congrats on the award!

Michelle Waters said...

Found your blog through Divina at the Bean Sprout. Fun to read through - great stuff!